Here’s part of page 151 of Harley Quinn: Preludes and Knock-Knock Jokes, a collection of the first seven issues of DC’s Harley Quinn comic series. Check out that classic Mac OS action happening in the bottom panel. Some notes:
- This comic was originally published in 2001 or 2002, by which time Mac OS 9 was out.
- The folder icons are from the Platinum theme, but the hard drive icon is not. I’m not sure if this was actually possible through normal settings, but of course you could do it with custom icons.
- Also, the hard drive appears to be labeled either Hot or In Progress.
- Are those documents with the tan diamond icons BBEdit documents? The icon is the right shape, but I’m not sure about the colors, and the B would have to have been edited out. UPDATE: Apparently it’s an edited Word 5 icon. Thanks, Uli!
- A few of the file names are garbled. I’m not sure if it was intentional or a printing defect in the book. Among the casualties is the name of the application in the folder in the top-right. I think it’s supposed to be Fetch.
- The Control Strip and AOL (Instant Messenger) client are hand-drawn. Why? Why would you do this? What are those icons on the Control Strip even supposed to be?
Sadly, there’s no Chicago in this panel.